November 13, 2015

Project Wedding: Taking it Easy

Planning a wedding takes a toll on you. Even if you 'don't really care', it is still something that you are thinking about all the time.

With so much going on in my life with work, making time for my friends and family, blogging, planning a wedding a preparing to move out, I need to find time for myself! 

I love having time to myself, just me and no one else. Even if this means I'm eating out of a family-sized chips bag watching Netflix off my phone in my bed - it's me time, and I wish I got more of it! And although I love having lazy days, I like keeping busy with something. One thing I found that really helps is having a DIY Spa Day for yourself. 

Planning out a fun in-house Spa Day is great and really cost-effective! Living in Toronto, you can end up paying a pretty penny for spa services and when you're also managing to save for your new home, wedding and social life, it isn't easy to justify blowing a few hundred bucks on a spa treatment. This means that the next best alternative is to save money on going to the spa is to do what you can, yourself! 



Although doing it your self means you can save money, it's easy to end up spending a lot more than you would think. Just remember that when you're buying things to use on yourself, it's likely you will use it multiple times, not just once. Because of this, invest in good product that is not going to ruin your skin or be too much work to use.

My favorite routine for a spa day starts off by choosing a day you will home alone. This will mean you don't have to rush with anything or get annoying by other people's noise. Sleep in later than usual but not too late as that can make you even lazier. If you can, check into a hotel. It doesn't have to cost a lot, use deal sites such as hotels.com to find a price that works within your budget. You would be surprised how cheap you can get rooms if you do the right research - good rooms too!



Use the time you've put aside for this day to really take care of your skin and pay some attention to it. When having your own DIY Spa Day, get a good body exfoliator, body wash and moisturizer. I love using my Clarisonic to really get into the pores and feel clean! 

Go the full 10 yards and invest in a hair mask, leave-in conditioner and follow up with a shampoo and a good all-natural Argan oil for lasting effects. 

Buy yourself some all-natural face masks - I love the ones you can get from Lush. To remove the mask, use a face towel soaked in warm water and wipe the mask away. This makes it much easier than trying to wash it away. I usually use a BiorĂ© Strip once I remove the mask, followed by a good toner and moisturizer to finish off - I like using the 100% Pure Argan Oil Light by Josie Maran.  



Lastly, grab your favourite book or pull up your latest Netflix binge and get cozy with a coffee, tea or soup!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pintrest "pin it"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...