January 02, 2013

DIY Taylor Swift WildFox Couture Heart Sweatshirt

Hey Everyone! Here is a new DIY for y'all. Something new I am trying for 2013 is to get more posts up and more projects out. I wanted to share this project asap because it is so easy and also because Valentines Day is only a month away! I loved this shirt that Taylor Swift wore and really wanted it but was not going to pay $129 for it! That is when my creativity took over and had me thinking 'Hey, I could just make this!' 

Here is the Original Version 
(Keep reading to see the final result!)

This DIY is really Simple and you don't need much at all. One of the perks is that it cost less than $10! (Thats two in a Row!)

 For This DIY You will need:
  • Sweatshirt (Kensington Market $7)
  • Martha Stewart Multi Surface Glitter Acrylic Paint ($2.50)
  • Foam Brush
  • Scissors
  • Contact sheet or any other sticky Paper
  • Pencil
  • Mod Podge





Start by Drawing a heart on the Contact Paper



 Cut it out


Place it on the shirt and be sure to get the edges stuck on very very well. I used a glue stick around the edges just to make it extra strong. Because the sweatshirt was cotton I knew the glue wouldn't stay stuck.


Start Painting! I painted in from all the edges first, and then made my way into the middle. I waited one hour between coats and did two coats. 

I left it to dry over night and then peeled off the contact sheet. I finished it off with some Mod Podge to seal it in. This isn't required according to the paint label but I wanted to make sure I had it done in case of any future glitter fallout. 




Here it is after the drying. Turned out really well! I can't wait to wear it out.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pintrest "pin it"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...