July 06, 2013

DIY: Canada Day BBQ Inspiration

Hope everyone had a great Canada Day or Fourth of July! I had a blast making this BBQ detailed and coordinated to get into the festive mood! The day started off cloudy, but it turned out to be nice and hot during the evening and we ended with doing some fun fireworks and sparklers! Here are some photos from the day with some instructions for DIY after the break.






\





To see how I coordinated everything

So for this Canada Day BBQ I figured I'd make it pretty. I mean, why not? I think everything looked great, and to some of my friends 'too good to use' at some point. I think using the glass Coke bottles for the Canada Day BBQ made everything look really cute. 

I decided to stick with red and white and add a little bit of silver which was inspired by the glass Coke bottle. I had added jute twine to pull everything together, especially because this BBQ was outdoors. I had both polka dot as well as gingham patterns and added some stripes with the paper straws. The mixing of patterns works here because there are small elements and it is broken up by a solid colour. 

The drink cups were plain red and I thought I could make them a litter more interesting by painting a swipe of white across in acrylic paint and then stamping the word 'drink' onto it. I also tied together the spoon, fork and knife with some twine and stamped the word 'eat' onto a pinked circle punch in white, which was then backed by a red pinked circle punch.The spoons also had some silver washi wrapped along the handles to match the rest of the decor.

The napkins were rolled together with a paper punched napkin ring. I made the napkin ring with regular white card stock and a Martha Stewart double edge punch. I love that I was able to put both patterns together with the napkins which helped the plates coordinate. The straws were dumped into a mason jar that I wrapped some twine around with the same napkin ring pattern and a red piece of ribbon so that it all matched.

Finally I made some pink lemonade and put it into a mason jar with a slice of lemon. I added twine around the top with a small tag that I cut out. The tag was made with some red paper where I traced some shipping tags I had on hand. This is the easiest way to make your own tags. I added some washi tape at the bottom, a white punched heart and stamped the phrase 'something sweet' onto it using the Amy Tangerine Phrase Roller Stamp. 

The last touch I added was the fringe tassel that was in the background of our table. I tied it to the trees and used the instructions on another blog to create it. 

Hope you enjoyed the inspiration! 
Have a great weekend. 
Happy crafting.
 Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pintrest "pin it"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...