October 01, 2013

Finally Back From my Unannounced Hiatus.

Hello Everyone,

Firstly,  I would like to apologize for my absence over the past two months as well as my lack of posts over the months before that. I am finally finished school and am now a month into my internship (which I am loving!) I had such a great summer, I have tons of small projects I worked on that I will be sharing soon as well as new DIYs and workshops that will be coming up in the next few months or so. 

My latest DIY project were helping a friend with her bridal shower. I think that there are tons of Bridal Shower DIY ideas that are easy to do and great for a budget. I made some do-it-yourself pearl bracelets as favours for a friend's shower, I packaged them in a very cute way by wrapping them in white tissue paper, putting a them in clear plastic boxes, layering that with half of a four inch doily and some white ribbon. I garnished the top off with a white gold-tipped goose feather. 









To see how I made these:


The gold-tipped feather was easy to make and there are two methods to do it. The first one is simple. Just take some gold paint or spray paint and paint the amount you want. If you are using spray paint then use some extra news paper to cover the part you don't want gold. If you are using paint, do the same thing so you have the straight edge effect. You can also add gold glitter into the paint to create a shimmer.  The second way to do this is to use gold embossing powder to gold-tip feathers. This will create a shinier, thicker gold coat and will look very luxurious. I used some Versamark ink and pressed my feather into it. I sprinkled some gold embossing powder onto the wet part of the feather and used an embossing heat tool to melt it on. I had to do add a second layer of embossing powder to the make it a bit more opaque. This caused it to be thicker and well-covered, but you also lost some of the feather details. I would try and get a very good, even layer on the first time so that the feather's details can be shown through. 

Promise to update regularly now! 
Happy Crafting,
xo


*I will be uploading better photos once I get them from a few friends, clearly I was too excited and eager to restart my blogging adventures by Oct. 1st! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pintrest "pin it"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...