October 16, 2015

Project Wedding: One Vase, Five ways

I am back with another! A few weeks ago, I took the main stage at the Nikah Convention to share some fun ways to spruce up a regular old cylinder vase. I decided to make five versions of the same vase for the show but ended up with six!

These are some fun and easy ways to get creative and make dollar store vases look more expensive.

You can use these for showers or even wedding centrepieces for cheap. All it takes is some creativity and a few extra materials that will go a long way. Take a look at the photos below for some fun ideas. 

I have added photos, instructions and materials needed for each kind of DIY vase at the end of the post.

Let me know what you think and pin away to keep them handy for your next event! Get more great ideas for DIY projects on my Pinterest boards. 

Follow me on Instagram for more fun DIY projects and on Facebook to stay in the loop! 

Enjoy!



For instructions











Instructions for DIY centrepiece vases:
  • Glittered Romance. This is a very romantic vase. I simply used some Mod Podge and fine glitter from Michael's along with a cut piece of tulle to put this look together. I used a small dome light or faux candle and topped it with the tulle for a soft effect. You can also use battery operated string lights. This vase is filled with faux ranunculus (left over flowers from the floral crown DIY) and a paper flower made from an old book. 
  • Teal + Gold. I thought this looked very Beachy/Grecian when I  finished working on it. This was quite simple but does require a longer drying time. I used a satin finish acrylic pain with a gold leafing paint for the stripe. I added another teal strip on the top to give the gol
  • Au Natural.This is a very easy, simple and natural look. If you are in a cinch, simply use the leaves (the bigger, the better) from the flowers you will be using, to line the inside of the vase up until you reach the water line. Do not let the water touch it or else the leaves will get soggy and change the colour of the water. I filled the vase with hydrangea and white carnations all from the local grocery store.
  • Romantic. This vase was featured earlier on my blog as a quick DIY of what to do with dried flowers. All I did for this one was add a bit of lace around the middle and stuck it on the vase with glue dots. The roses had already been dry so I just used a little of the gold foil paint to line the petals and give it a little dimension.
  • Glam. This vase is very chic and give a very high-end look. The candle inside was purchased from the dollar store was glittered with silver glass glitter and Mod Podge. The vase itsself was taped off with painter's tape and sprayed (outdoors) with frost spray paint. I made sure to fill the inside of the vase with newspaper so the spray would not go inside. Follow the instructions on the can and do about 2-3 coats. Let it dry for at least ten minutes before peeling away the tape. The types of designs you can do are endless.
  • Simply Chic. This last vase is my quick, go-to. I always have a neutral ribbon on hand for last minute gift-wrapping, decor or DIY projects. Black and white stripes area always in style, so it's great to have some on hand. Candles are also very easy and can change the atmosphere in almost any room. With this simple look of a floating candle and a black and white ribbon, no one could guess it was a last minute add on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pintrest "pin it"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...