August 03, 2012












I created this handmade book for a friend of mine whose bridal shower I had planned in January. I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder to create a design on 120lb ultra thick card stock I purchased at simonsaysstamp.com  and then used a Spellbinders Nestablities peony die to cut out the shape of the flower. I used some Tim Holtz vintage photo on the edges of the flower petals to give them some dimension and finally adhered the flower using a pop dot. I then took some ribbon and put the book together by creating a bow with some white silk ribbon which was from the bridal shower. I used my cropadile to punch holes through the book and was able to get the entire book punched through in one shot which was awesome! It is one of my favourite tools for sure!! I used the Tim Holtz distress ink to add some color to the ribbon so it could match the flower and did the same for the banner ended title and using some glitter font from Making memories to follow through back onto the theme of the shower. Lastly I added that final paperclip with the Audrey Hepburn images to the corner to once again bring back the memory of the shower. I will be posting some images from the shower in a later post and the DIY items I created for that event!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pintrest "pin it"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...