December 11, 2012

(Six!!) DIY gift wrapping styles

Hey Everyone!
This is a post I have been wanting to do for a while. I just had to make sure I had enough material to put this together.Now that I have wrapped a total of six gifts so far, here are 6 ways to wrap anything! 

1)It started with a gift I made then wrapped for a good friend of mine. I started with some plain kraft paper that I have in a large roll. Kraft paper is the best investment to make! I am in love with all the things that you can do with it, as you will all see in all the photos. Follow through for directions of what I did to make these look like they did.
 

  •  For the first gift I stamped using a large polka dot background I have and some black pigment ink. I did not aim for perfection because it was really not needed for a gift wrap. I wanted this to look like I had handmade it and not bought it preprinted. 
  • While this was drying I punched out a strip of white paper using the Martha Stewart Double Edge punch in doily lace. This is one of my favourite double edge punches. It is so simple but you can do so much with it. I used some Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Vintage Photo to get the edges distressed in a colour that matched the kraft paper. 
  • I added some vintage book paper around the wrapping paper and the top bit of the doily lace punch at the bottom portion of the gift. 
  • I distressed a tag with the same Tim Holtz Vintage Photo ink and ran some twine though the top, stamped a small camera in the corner and the recipient's name. 
  • My last two touches were tying jute twine around the middle of the vintage book paper and adding a handmade flower (Which I will do a tutorial for soon!)

2)  next gift was for a secret santa present. This was very quick to do and looks really nice. 







  • I started this with a kraft box so the wrapping part was skipped over
  • I took a piece of japanese paper I purchased at the Paper place on Queen Street in Toronto. I wrapped it around the centre of the box lid. 
  • I took a tag (as you can tell, I am in love with tags!) and used some Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Vintage photo again to get the same matching look with the kraft box. I then punched it on both edges with a Fiskars scalloped eyelet punch.
  • I punched a small christmas tree in the coordinating colours and added small ornaments with red stickles.
  • Lastly I tied a piece of jute twine around the box with a bow and added the tag. 


3)My third piece is simple once again.



  • I started with a kraft coloured bag
  • Stamped on a leaf/fern 
  • Poked two holes with an awl on the bottom leaves of the image
  • I pulled through a piece of red and white twine and tied a bow and added a jingle bell


4) I put together a gift for my cousins birthday and one of the presents we put together was a tub of candy. We went to our local bulk barn and got a tub that is normally used for molasses, filled it up with candy and covered it up. 

  • I took a sheet of black faux leather contact paper and measured it out to fit onto the lid. I used some cut outs from a Topshop magazine and pasted it over top for a different and unique pattern. I always save nice patterns from magazine ads to reuse. 
  • I covered the sides of the container in the same style
  • Tied a matching yellow ribbon  around as well as adding a charm and tag which I backed with the same magazine paper



 5) For her other gifts I just took some plain white paper and a plain white bag and went crazy with some stamps!



  •  I folded a regular sheet of printer paper, folded in half and glued down the edges. 
  • I stamped two different doily stamp styles all around the bag and made sure to do some off the edges to look like a continuous patterns 
  • I poked holes in the center and sides of the bags and threaded some bakers twine through. 
  • I die cut leaves out of silver paper and attached it to all three gifts to coordinate. The cut outs from the centre of the leaves and put them into a wax paper envelope to make a small tag.
  • I stamped on the tags for the recipient and couldn't wait to give it away! 



6) The very last one! Once again, simple yet effective.






  • I misted some ribbon over a sheet of kraft and the negative of that left a really nice pattern and glimmer on the kraft paper. 
  • I picked out some pine cones, simply dipped it into some glue and then purple glitter to match the misted paper.
  • I stamped a vine pattern onto some paper, cut in random angles to create a geometric look, and once again edges it with Tim Holtz vintage photo to match!
  • I tied a piece of lighter twine around the gift and attached the pine cone and tag.
& there you have it, my roundup of gift wrapping styles and a mega tutorial! Hope you all enjoy this! Please comment if you have questions and Have fun. 


6 comments:

  1. Wow, I especially love the last one! You are soo talented :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will be posting information today or tomorrow on a workshop I will be hosting in January. You should come out!

      Delete
  2. Awesome!!! You are really creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the stamped gift bags! Simple and great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really love it too! It gives a great personal touch to something normally just simple.

      Delete

Pintrest "pin it"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...