November 06, 2012

DIY up-cycled Cotton Swab Holder

Here is a simple and quick tutorial for up-cycling used containers. I keep my cotton swabs in an old eye make up remover pad container. It had been sitting in my bathroom for months and I constantly looked at it saying it really could have been prettier if I tried. I decided to grab some of my washi tape (my go-to right now)and wrap it up with the designs I liked. I thought the tape I used at the top with the weekdays looked perfect for something I use daily. I covered the threads of the container so it didn't have anything in a stark white.


















 I am glad with how it turned out. I don't really mind that you can see the words through some of the tapes. If you dont want that just make sure to use something darker or more solid. Just remember to end and finish all the tapes on the same side so there are only seams on one side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pintrest "pin it"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...